Today I sent a letter to the editor. I have given this letter much thought. I want to be for something. I want to know what I am wanting and not live in resistance to what I do not want.
I sent it off as an action to a constant prayer.... I want to live in a noble country. I just do. It is my preference. When Unhoyle becomes noble I will leave North Hypothetical and return.
To tell the truth, my letter bores me a bit. It says Pearl Harbor had seven investigations ordered by the president and we have hardly one piece of fiction. It has in it the tone of bla bla bla. I invite you to not read it if you want.
Note to Queen Self: Learn or at least attempt to write letters that are not bla bla bla. Zippy little letters, like commercials, or poems, or the writing on the wall.... anything except bla bla.
This is my letter:
Remembering Pearl Harbor and Wondering about 9-11
On Dec 7, 1941 the Navy of the United States was attacked. On that very day the President of the United States ordered the first report, The Knox Investigation. This is followed by a commission report with the sub title, ‘Report of the commission appointed by the President of the United States to Investigate and report the facts relating to the attack made by the Japanese Armed Forces upon Pearl Harbor in the territory of Hawaii on December, 7th, 1941. There was then The Roberts Commission, the Hart Investigation, The Army Pearl Harbor Board, The Navy Court of Inquiry, The Clarke Investigation, The Hewitt Inquiry and The Joint Congressional Committee in 1946. Seven official investigations and inquiries were ordered by the President over five years.
After 9-11 the grief stricken families had to petition and pressure the president to investigate an attack on American soil.
Do you remember the presidents attitude?
(CBS) President Bush took a few minutes during his trip to Europe Thursday to voice his opposition to establishing a special commission to probe how the government dealt with terror warnings before Sept. 11.
(CNN) -- President Bush personally asked Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle Tuesday to limit the congressional investigation into the events of September 11, congressional and White House sources told CNN.
(CNN) Kissinger's appointment was criticized by some who said he was too close to powerful national and international figures to be independent. In an editorial published November 29, The New York Times suggested the White House chose him "to contain an investigation it has long opposed."
We can not afford to forget Pearl Harbor or the manner in which it was investigated. Seven official reports over five years ordered by the president.
We were a country with the courage to investigate, we were seen as victorious in World War II. We were.
Today we are not presented with answers to our questions and in the opinion of the Baker Report (and over 60% of the American people) we are in a war that holds no victory for us.
We need to remember Pearl Harbor. We need to remember the seven reports our president ordered during those days and continue to ask our current president to do the same.
It takes emotional courage to remember and to continue to seek answers.
To not seek, to not ask, is to forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment